How to crack Job Interviews in India
Job Interview is very important because it connects both the employer and the job seekers. It provides the opportunity to employer to select the right person for the right job as well as to job seekers to present their skills in order to acquire the desired position on merit.
Following are the tips to crack job interviews in India –
- Understand the job requirement – It is very important to understand the desired job profile and identify whether it suits you. Job requirement should match with the strength of an individual as it improves the probability of success.
- Handle the Fear of Rejection – Self confidence with positive attitude reduces the fear of rejection as no company hire fearful person.
- Proper preparation for an interview – Job seekers need to make thorough preparation of an interview questions like introduction , hobbies, strengths and weaknesses and why the company recruit you etc.
- Body Language – Body language has a significant role at the time of interview like jobseekers movement from one place to another place, way of sitting, way of hand shaking etc.
- Never argue with interviewer – It is advisable not to argue with interviewer even he ask inappropriate question or making comment as it may be for checking patience level of an interviewee .
- Honesty and Flexibility – Honesty and flexibility play a very crucial role at the time of interview. If job seeker don’t know the answer of any question then he needs to politely accept it instead of giving wrong answers. Job seeker need to be updated time to time as business environment changes time to time.
- Interview manners – Job seekers need to be aware about interview manners like keep your mobile phone on silent mode or switched off, Bring all supporting materials/ documents, Be on time for the interview etc.
- Presence of competency and transferable skills – Competency skills are related to those skills matching with the job profile and transferable skills are the ones which you have acquired through other jobs and personal activities like teamwork, result oriented, effective decision making ability etc.
- Salary Negotiations – Jobseeker need to do homework about the salary of the specific job profile exist in the industry as it is helpful at the time of interview otherwise demanding unusual pay create negative impression in the mind of the interviewers.
- Ask for feedback at the end of interview – At the time of closing of the interview, job seeker should ask from interviewer irrespective how his interview went as it create positive impression and organization consider it as a positive attitude and willingness of jobseeker for the workplace.
Techno Institute of Higher Studies